These are some of the videos that I watched to help build the best practices of blended/hybrid virtual meetings. If you find a video that you recommend we add to this page, please submit it with the contact form below.
Where we fit:
Combining Virtual and In-Person Meetings
- Suggestions from the video
- Appoint a Zoom Goddess or Zoom Czar.
- The leader of the meeting sets expectations or ground rules
- Start each meeting with physical activity or stretching.
- Prepare an agenda in advance.
- Have a standard zoom virtual background. (One solution is to take a picture of your meeting room and use that as everyone’s virtual background, so it feels like everyone is in the same room.)
- Tolerate interferences
How to View Zoom Meetings on TV
Training, by Rotary Club
- Suggestions from the videos
- Audio is important
- Consistent location
- 3rd-party USB Microphone
- Equipment setup
Training, by SCORE
This workshop test was recorded in August 2020. It is using a webcam set at 720dpi and rendered at 1920×1080. The audio is horrible but can be corrected with a lav mic and transmitter.
Hybrid meeting with Zoom: How To Set Up Your Room
Zoom Setup for
- Lavalier microphone
- Smartphone tripod
- Android phone
- Canon EOS M50 Mark II camera (not shown but mentioned)
- Mic stand
- Bluetooth speaker:
This is a collection of videos from “Dear Myrtle.” She runs a live Facebook event. Each video plays for around 15 minutes and covers a different topic.
The lessons learned from “Myrtle” can be applied to your HOA meeting.